Our new line of all natural waxes are perfect for protecting your milk painted pieces and giving them a soft, smooth feel. Our Beeswax is made of all natural ingredients, it is completely solvent and VOC free. Each one is individually hand poured and made with the best ingredients on the market. Our waxes can be buffed to a low sheen or a high shine. Use black wax to give your pieces an aged, antique look. The wax can either be applied all over like a glaze, or can just be concentrated in the corners or details of the piece for a “dirty” look and to highlight the details. Our waxes are free of any drying agents, so you have plenty of time to work with the wax. The wax can be applied over a layer of clear wax for a lighter look, or can be applied straight over the milk paint for a more saturated/dirty look.
– Its best to apply the wax with a wax brush so you can get into all the nooks and crannies of the piece as well as making it easier to get a nice, even coat. Simply apply the wax in a even coat then use a clean, lint free cloth to wipe the wax until you like the look and then let dry. Because the wax has no drying agents – it will take a few days to be dry to the touch and not smudge.
– This wax has no artificial drying agents so you have plenty of time to get the look just right – its basically fool proof.
– Remember, a little wax goes a long way and you only need a very thin coat.
– This wax is packaged in a 3.5 oz container and will last you through many, many projects.
– To clean your brushes of the wax, use our Little White Lye brush cleaner.
– If your piece gets scratched, simply apply a small amount of wax on that part and rebuff.
-Wax has a light sweet fragrance.
Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, plants oils, natural earth pigments and clays.